Cobb County Government
Community Development Agency

Business License Division

Please Note: The Business License office accepts payments between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon - Fri.

Business License Office:
1150 Powder Springs St.
Suite 400
Marietta GA 30064

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 649
Marietta, GA 30061
Contact Info:
Sandra S. Richardson
Business License Division Manager


The Business License Division, which is part of Cobb County's Community Development Agency, serves the county’s small business community. The division is responsible for collecting business registration certificate fees, occupation taxes, liquor by the drink taxes, alcoholic beverage excise taxes, hotel/motel occupancy taxes, financial institution taxes and various other business related taxes.

The Business License Division also issues all alcoholic beverage licenses and many other specially regulated business licenses. These include, but are not limited to, door-to-door sales, health spa, pawn shops, adult entertainment, fortune tellers, hypnotists, palm readers and peddlers.

If your business is located within the city limits of one of the following, please contact that municipality to obtain a business registration certificate:

If you would like the general information regarding business registration certificate or occupation tax and related requirements, please click onto Business Registration. If you plan to open a business that will provide alcoholic beverage sales and service, please click onto Alcoholic Beverage License Information. The source of this information and the specific requirements are in Section 78 of the The Code of Ordinance of Cobb County for Business Registration Certificate and Occupation Tax & Section 6 of the Cobb County Code for Alcoholic Beverage requirements. 

If you would like to speak to our staff, please call our office during normal hours at (770) 528-8410.

All information provided to the Business License Division
is subject to the Georgia Open Records Act.
 If you have any questions regarding the Georgia Open Records Act
ask our office BEFORE filing the application.